A Box Full of Wonders? WonderBox April Edition Review

Friday, May 31, 2013

Hi everyone!

This is a new beauty box that I subscribe to; WonderBox April Edition :)

At first I subscribed to their March Edition. There was some problem with GDex that delayed the delivery. However, after hearing other subscribers comments and complaints, I gave in to the suspense and checked to see what was in the box that they all were complaining about and whether it was worth for me to give the products a try. I too was a bit disappointed seeing the WonderBox March Edition contents. Plus, none of the products were suitable for my skin so I opt to exchange it for the coming month's box, April.

One thing I must say about WonderBox is that they were really professional in replying to customers comments and complains. They even had an official apology posted on their facebook page with options for compensation. And how did they win back their subscribers heart?

Let's see what's in the April box shall we? ;P




Esmeria! I've been eyeing this for a long time now haha :D
When I received my package I was pleasantly surprised to feel an extra box in the package. At first I thought it was an extra gift from WonderBox but it is a part of the products for April :P



Product descriptions, pamphlet and vouchers
I knew about HiShop from this beauty box, a nice discovery in my opinion :) and OMG another TT Mask voucher! xD and another Strip voucher same like from the Mivva April Box lol.

Now on to the products! 


L'oreal Professionnel Liss Ultime Masque 

  • This super-smoothing masque bathes hair in hydration, polishing its surface and providing humidity protection. Shine is enhanced and control is regained. For unmanageable, frizzy hair.

I have been looking for a hair mask to try since my hair has become very unmanageable lately :( and I feel that this one is better than hair conditioner :D And I don't think they have the conditioner or maybe it is a conditioner but they just change the name to mask, like toner to lotion. Whatever it is I do like it, it smells good and it does leave my hair feeling soft :)


L'oreal Professionnel Liss Ultime Shampoo

  • Cleanse, calm and smooth rebellious, frizzy hair with this enriching shampoo containing Olive and Argan oils. Its conditioning action provides lasting smoothness & humidity protection.

I'm not sure if I want to give this a try because my scalp is at a sensitive state at the moment. I'm also currently trying out a shampoo and I don't want to make it a habit to change my shampoo too often. I suffer from hair fall and I don't want to make it worse >.<



Clinelle Skin Smoothing Scrub with Marine Beads (Full Size)

  • A new improved formula which acts as a scrub and a mask. A unique scrub with dual exfoliation functions that gently remove dull skin surface, while instantly leaving skin noticeably smoother and radiant. Contains Vitamin B3, Olive Extracts, Aloe Vera, Vitamin E and Peppermint.
A face scrub! And a full size one too! How I feel about face scrub is similar to how I feel about masks. But I'm more careful in choosing face scrubs. I've seen this brand before but never actually tried it so I'm excited to give this one a try. I like the fact that the beads in the scrub is very small. I prefer it that way than larger size beads. If you're skin is sensitive I recommend using a gentle motion when scrubbing with this because it can get a little rough. It smells minty because of the peppermint and it does feels fresh on the skin :)


Timeless Truth Deep Sea Extract Moisturising Mask (Full Size)

  • Enhanced with a replenishing formula that delivers the optimal dose of hydration to fulfil skin's thirst using a patented functionality cloth.
A mask! WOOT WOOT! and it's a moisturising one too! My skin has been dry lately so a boost of moisture is more than welcome :) I still have a lot of mask to go through lol so might do a separate review on this one :P


Esmeria Organics - Prickly Pear

  • FOR NORMAL TO COMBINATION SKIN - Normal to Combination Skin wants a bit of support and sebum regulation to maintain it's health and vigour. Mexican Prickly Pear provides deep hydration, protects from UV damage and soothes when the going gets rough. Alpine Willowherb is included to keep sebum secretion under control in the T-Zone and helps calms irritated skin.
There are three different range of skin care for Esmeria Organics;  Glasswort (for dry and mature skin), Alpine Willowherb (for oily and acne prone skin) and Prickly Pear (for normal and combination skin). I have been eyeing for this product for a while now after knowing that it is an organic brand. I have actually tried their organic shampoo and conditioner but I didn't find any difference in my hair even after using the whole bottle. My hands became flaky and dry because of the shampoo. I hope the same thing won't happen with this skin care. I have not tried this yet because my skin is acting differently, more drying than usual so I'll give this set a try once my skin is back to normal :)

I looked into their website and find that for April's edition, you will either get the Timeless Truth Deep Sea Extract Moisturising Mask or Tea Tree Phenol Smoothing Mask. Other than that, you will either get the Clinelle Skin Smoothing Scrub with Marine Beads or the Ronasutra Mineral Cheek Color. I realised that WonderBox does not have a theme for their boxes, which is fine with me. Having a theme would actually create expectations that sometimes some boxes fail to meet.

Overall, I am very impressed and happy with the products. Having travel, deluxe and full sizes in the box is very impressive! I also noticed that the box itself is actually quiet sturdy and not easily dented. The design is also very elegant and expensive looking :) Good job WonderBox :D


P.S: WonderBox announced a new price for subscription on 16th May 2013, from Rm 39.90 per month to RM 45 per month :(

WonderBox
Price RM 45.00 per month
Available at wonderbox.com.my

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. LOL.. I was thinking of subscribing, then I saw the new pricing :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, they have become the middle range price beauty box. But i still think it's ok, compared to RM50 for Lilac Box.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will just have to pass on this beauty box then. Heavy on le purse. Mivva Box for now =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, Mivva is still the cheapest so far and the best ^^

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, I would love to hear from you :D

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook



Flickr Images