Make Up For Ever HD Foundation Review

Saturday, August 02, 2014

Hi everyone!

Today I'm going to show you one of my absolute favorite foundations (and actually the most expensive one I own so far) which is the Make Up For Ever HD Foundation. This particular foundation took me months of reading/watching reviews and more months to save up until I finally decided to purchase it. And let me tell you, it is worth it ;)








Before I tell you about what I think of this amazing foundation, here is the description of it from the MUFE website:

The MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Complexion products use innovative formulas to create a new generation of makeup which is both invisible on HD cameras and to the naked eye. HD Foundation combines flawless coverage and an extremely natural finish. The Sericite contained in HD Foundation heightens the diffusion of light and intensifies the glow of the skin. Enriched with moisturizing agent, HD Foundation moisturizes and prepares the skin for makeup. Its usually smooth and elastic texture makes it easy to apply and a pleasure to wear. Skin texture is refined to give a very natural complexion. HD Foundation is an oil-free medium-to-full coverage liquid foundation which covers skin imperfections, while remaining invisible on-screen and in real life. It is available in a wide range of shades to suit all skin tones.

Okay! Lets start with the packaging. It is a hard plastic packaging with a pump and a snap closure. Because it's plastic it's very light in weight. At first I was a little disappointed that it is not a glass packaging because of the price but it doesn't matter anymore because it is sturdy. The shade I'm in is N127 which is very close to my natural skin tone and it comes 30 ml of product. 




The texture is liquidy but not too liquidy. It blends very smoothly and easily. It sets to a naturally semi-matte finish. This foundation is widely recommended by those who has combination to oily face, but I think it will work well with any skin type. It's not drying so it will work with dry skin. If you have very oily skin, then I suggest you to set the foundation with powder or prep with any oil control base. The longevity of this foundation is normal, like between 5-8 hours, depending on how you prep your skin, and the condition of the environment. It does oxidise but not too much that you would consider getting a shade lighter. But to be on the safe side, you can always try the foundation from any MUFE counters and see how well it sits on your skin for a couple of hours before purchasing. The coverage is medium to full but it's not the fullest coverage foundation in the market. Below is the before & after picture of the application. I only used one and a half layer for the entire face, except around my eyes which I will later on put concealer. Notice how it covers up the redness of my zit!

Before & After application. The after application is only one and a half layer.
Semi-full face makeup. I did my brows, eyeliner and a sheer lipstick
Now that I have covered the basics, is it worth all the hype and rave? The answer is Yes, it is definitely worth every penny. The best part about this foundation is that it's very true to its claims on being an "invisible" and natural. I've used this foundation for photo shoots and on HD cameras, it looks gorgeous. It's beautiful on videos and photographs. It gives that soft focus effect on your face. I love to apply this foundation this with a sponge or with a buffing brush. And I love to use this foundation for special events. 

Have you tried this foundation? Let me know on the comments below :) 

Name: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation
Price: RM 175
Available at: All MUFE counters & boutique and Sephora
Disclaimer - I bought this product with my own money. These are my honest opinion.

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. okay I am truly impressed with its ability to cover pimple's redness! it definitely helped your skin to look better without that obvious "i-have-makeup-on" look :D and the price...hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @mieza Yea, that's why it's such an amazing foundation, it has a great coverage but still looks natural :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! Sounds like a great foundation!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Fatimah you haven't tried it yet?! :O you should! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. im waiting my current foundation to finish and then will hop to this too!!i love this foundation alot too!!big love for MUFE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Cindy Yea hurry and hop on the MUFE HD Foundation wagon :D

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, I would love to hear from you :D

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook



Flickr Images