Blogging Break; Where have I been?

Friday, July 11, 2014

Hi Everyone!

Welcome back to my blog! I have been on "blogging break" for a while because I wanted to concentrate on my final semester. I can't believe it's been three years. It doesn't feel like time flies so fast on the contrary it felt like I was studying forever haha. But, this last and final semester is an exception. The last three months of this semester have proved to be the most challenging of all, for both academic and personal reasons. It has taken a toll on me physically, mentally and emotionally. 

Going in the semester, I knew I wanted to do something different, something big for my final project. I took the necessary steps and preparations for this, but little that I know, nothing can prepare me for what was lying ahead. No matter how much you plan, nothing will ever go the way you want them to. This is an understatement to what my team and I went through. The shooting hours were long, the editing was a nightmare. One of the worst part is that I lost my MacBook Pro at my university. The only thing that I am relief about that is the fact that there were no shooting materials or footages in that laptop. I can go more into details about filing a complain and report but what ever I say will not get my laptop back so I won't bother. That is not the worst part however. This project somehow manage to reveal and emphasis the true colours of those around me, those who I treasure as the most important people of my life, those who I trusted to support and have faith in me. This made my relationships with these people shattered. It got to a point where I actually had to make a choice, my career, my believes or them. It was the biggest turning point in my life, and one of the lowest points of my life. But at the same time, somehow, I manage to make new friends, true friends until I can safely say that the only thing that kept me strong though all of that were them, no matter how little time we took to get to know each other. Even though the theme of my life still sings in a sombre tone, there were wonderful and memorable times as well. I never had so much fun shooting than I did with my team. They are the most wonderful, understanding and open-minded people I have ever met. We joked we laughed we cried together. And we manage to create something very unique and one of a kind. I am so proud of them, but most of all I am very thankful to them. I could not have achieved what I have if it wasn't for them. During the final screening, it was the happiest moment of my life, when my lecturer said that my film was film festival material. I had the biggest smile on my face. It was definitely a bitter sweet experience.







So, what happens now? Now, I'm moving on with my life. Now, I'm back to blogging, youtube, events and makeup. Now, I'm waiting for the confirmation to graduate. Now, my life begins...

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Don't be shy, I would love to hear from you :D

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook



Flickr Images