Review: Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence SPF 50+ PA+++

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Hi everyone :)

We've all been told and taught time after time that "prevention is better than cure". It's one of the simple things that we take for granted mostly because of our busy schedules. If we choose to have long lasting healthy young skin, we have to start paying attention on how to protect our skin. I know we won't be young forever but we can still look young longer! :)


One key factor of premature aging on the skin is due to the damage caused by UV rays, and we need to protect our skin with a very good sunscreen. My choice would be Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence SPF 50+ PA+++.


Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence SPF 50+ PA+++

Ever since my love for makeup and beauty products started about 3 years ago (I know, late bloomer, haha) I've been trying out different sun protection products and I am so glad that I have finally found one that suits me the most :)

This is what the product claims: 
"Suitable for face and body application, Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence SPF 50+ PA+++ contains Aqua Micro Capsules which has UV absorbing ingredients to provide strong, long-lasting double block yet with light and cool “Water-like” fresh feeling. Non-sticky and non-greasy, it spreads and absorbs by the skin easily. Formulated with Hyaluronic Acid and Mix Citrus Essence as moisturising ingredients to keep skin hydrated. Non sticky and non greasy, it is so comfortable for everyday use!"


Size is not too small and not too big

Small tube opening, easy to control amount you dispense

Sticks on the skin

Like wearing nothing :)

So, does it work how it says it would? I've been using this for about 5 months now and let me break it down:

Suitable for face and body?
Yes, of course for face lol. I don't find the formula very strong or harsh, like the tingling sensation you feel when you use tea tree oil. So I think it can be used for sensitive skin. I do advice to try the testers available at our local pharmacies (Watson, Guardian etc...). Try a small amount on your cheek and walk around for a while to see how it reacts to your skin. As for body, I don't like wearing anything on my arms so I can't really review how it is on the body. The main reason is that I always have small cuts due to the very sharp nails of my sugar gliders lol.

Does it has light and cool "water-like" fresh feeling and easily absorbs into the skin?
On appearance the texture looks creamy and think, but it looks and feels light when you move it around with your fingers. It is not runny, but it is if you don't shake it before use. You should shake before use though. The first few times it does have a slight cool sensation when applied, but after awhile I don't notice it anymore. It also takes a while to fully absorb into the skin but once it does you won't feel like you have anything on!

Is it non-sticky and non-greasy?
When you apply it, it is sticky, in fact it quickly sticks on your skin, it won't drip at all. Moving it around will feel like tugging on your skin (not to drastically haha) something like the opposite of smooth lol. So I'll always gently pat on my face then slowly distribute it. I have to give it time to fully absorbs into the skin, maybe around 10 minutes give and take but after that my skin feels so smooth like a baby's bottom! Well, almost haha :P As for the greasy part, I don't feel it is greasy at all, but it doesn't have any oil control function and I have combination oily skin. I feel that it would not make any difference at how oily my face is at the end of the day.

Mix Citrus Essence as a mosturising ingredient?
It does have a hint of citrus scent like lemon. It's not that strong nor lingers throughout the day and it's only noticeable on the first few application. I didn't like it at first, I don't really like citrus scents but after a couple of days I don't notice the smell anymore. It doesn't make my skin dry but it is not enough as a moisturizer alone so you will need to add that step before applying the sunscreen.

How is the packaging?
Nothing special but practical. It's not that big in size and it is light enough for travelling. It doesn't leak and the tube opening is small that it is easy for me to control the amount to dispense.

Would I repurchase it?
Yes, I would :) Maybe soon cause tube feels light already. With 50g or product (which is almost 2oz) for RM 30 is quite a good price (give and take promotional discounts). You only need a small amount and this tube already lasted me 5 months with daily use. So, I'm impress.

Overall

Pros:
  • Economical.
  • Feels so smooth on skin after fully absorbs.
  • Light in texture as if not wearing any product on skin.
  • Non-greasy.
  • Not oily.
  • Not drying.
  • Non-sticky after fully absorbs.
  • Durable and light packaging.
  • Need only small amount for application.
Cons:
  • It takes a while to fully absorb.


Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence SPF 50+ PA+++
Price RM 29.90 (recent promotional price at Guardian)
Available at Watson, Guardian and most pharmacies.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. i have this too! and i absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great product right? No regrets with this one :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to buy this but wasn't sure. Glad to know it works well with you! Will get it soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lina :) Try testing it on your cheeks first to see how it feels. The cheapest one they are selling that i know so far is at Econsave. I think a little over or less RM 20 :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy, I would love to hear from you :D

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook



Flickr Images